Sunday 12 June 2016

'Antidepressants left my face rotting': Mother nearly died after suffering horrific allergic reaction to newly-prescribed medication

Anit-depressants nearly kill mother after suffering horrific allergic reaction 

Mpho Boadia, 36, from Johannesburg, was prescribed the mood lifters to help with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder following the sudden death of a friend. But she suffered from Stevens Johnson Syndrome - where the immune system overreacts to a trigger. She said she felt like she was 'burning from the inside out' (right and inset). Her family were told she was unlikely to survive and a priest even read Miss Boadia her final rites until miraculously she started to recover. Now she is almost recovered she says the experience has made her a 'better person'. She said: 'As I lay there, aware I might die, I thought, "I am going to fight this",' she said. 'I started bargaining with God. And it worked.' 

No comments :

Post a Comment