Tuesday 26 May 2015

Why I Am Still Single - Osita Iheme

32-year-old Nollywood actor Osita Iheme, popular Known as ‘Pawpaw’ has talked about why he is still single.The Mbaitoli, Imo State born actor who received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) and was also conferred with the award of the Member of the Federal Republic (MFR) in 2011 by President Goodluck Jonathan is indeed one of Nigeria’s most creative actors. In an interview with Inside&About Magazine talked about his personal life, career, Nollywood, ambition and legacy. Read excerpts from the interview below:

 

Your stage name “Paw-paw” brought you to limelight and you became a household name in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Looking backwards, did you foresee your good fortune today?
I have always been a very optimistic person. I may not have seen how far I could go but I knew something great was coming. I can’t really tell you this is how far or this is how I knew it was going to be, but like I said, I had always believed that something great was around the corner.
Growing up with your stature, did you ever feel bad whenever you moved with your age mates?No! No!! No!!! I have always seen myself as a leader especially when I am around my age mates. I have always put up a bold front because I am a bold person. I have been able to conquer and overcome the challenges that are around me irrespective of my nature and other things about my physical stature. I have been able to set aside anything that could bother me and moved on. I didn’t allow anything to really bother me while I was growing up.
You have been in Nollywood for over a decade and have carved a niche for yourself. What is your “magic wand”?


The only thing I can say is that in whatever you do, just remember that God is the greatest. Always give credit to God for your success; believe that you can’t achieve anything worthwhile without the grace of God. I believe that my magic wand is just the grace of God. There is nothing else, no extra ordinary or special thing. In addition, I am a very hardworking person. I try to focus with determination to deliver on my tasks. I see the grace of God supporting me.

No comments :

Post a Comment