Saturday 30 August 2014

Learn From My Past- Saidi Balogun

Saidi Balogun while speaking with Punch Newspaper has asked people to learn from his two latest movies which are based on marriage. Saidi said though a lot of people think the movies are based on his failed marriage, but he does not care because he wants them to watch the movies and learn from them regardless of if it was based on his marriage or not.
“I hate talking about my past marriage, but it is true that my recent movies speak about marriages. I cannot say if the movies are about my past marriage but people would be able to deduce when they watch the film. The first movie, Modupe Temi, shows how gossip breaks a home and the other, You or I, asks which race is suitable to have as a wife between the white and black. If you say I am talking about my past marriage, fine, all I want is the audience to learn from my movie. Possibly, the Lord is using me as an example to tell a story. Although, before the marriage all these stories have been there but God is the greatest producer. He creates all things but whatever people want to say they should say. All I want is for people to learn from my stories. If you say I am a living example to what I wrote, fine, I accept but I would ask people to please buy an original copy, watch and learn regardless who they think the story is about,” he said.

No comments :

Post a Comment