Friday 13 May 2016

All Is Well Between Me & Obasanjo Now, Okupe Explains

Former Senior Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Dr Doyin Okupe, has disclosed in a facebook page that all is now well between him and ex-president Obasanjo. According to Okupe, the former Head of State forgave him of his wrong and everything is now settled between them. He wrote;

“Last Sunday , in the company of some friends I met with Baba Obasanjo principally to try and settle and resolve the misunderstanding that has existed between baba and I since I joined the Jonathan administration.

“Vintage baba, he descended on me heavily and vented his anger copiously. I prostrated and held his feet as a well trained Yoruba man and pleaded earnestly for his forgiveness, occasionally given short explanations for areas I considered my actions were misunderstood.


“Also typical of baba, ever willing to forgive a repentant son, we embraced; I even kissed him as a loving son.

“Politics sometimes is such a bad business, you hurt your friends and even benefactors, but all is well that ends well.”

No comments :

Post a Comment