Monday 14 July 2014

Sam Nda-Isaiah Says - 3 Reasons Why I Want To Be Nigeria's Next President

The founder of Leadership Newspapers Group, Sam Nda-Isaiah in a one on one interview with City People in his Abuja home has disclosed the reasons why he would like to be Nigeria’s president come 2015. Sam said the major problem with Nigeria today is the leadership and not the people. He also says the Nation does not need funds to unite the people but simple logic.
The presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, says what he wants to achieve as a Nigerian president is to move Nigerians from a backward nation state to be part of the 1st world. The interview after the cut.

Why is Sam Nda-Isaiah running for President?
I have been in the public space for a long time. I have been involved in some form of politics or the other. Not many people know that I studied Pharmacy at University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University. I have always had flair for writing and expressing myself very strongly, I have always had interest in governance issues, I have always been a student of nations. For a long time I have been writing and seeing how easy is it with the kind of resources that we have to change Nigeria. I have actually seen how easy it is for Nigeria to become part of the 1st world. I say this with all sense of responsibility. I actually mean it is easy to make Nigeria work. I am serious”
What made you come to that conclusion?
“Because I have travelled far and wide. For God sake, I have travelled to Singapore a lot. I have studied the growth model of Singapore. I have travelled to China a lot. I have also studied the story of how China made it. Do you know the story of how China lifted 500 million people out of poverty in record time. And I mean it. It is easy if you look at our human, material and natural resources, can you compare it to Singapore that has nothing and one Prime Minister was just determined? He just said it, “that this is what I want to achieve I want to move my people from a backward nation state to the 1st world”. Before then, people did not even know where Singapore was. I studied the growth of Singapore. I went for a Governance Programme in Singapore about 3 years ago. In the class, some of them, Singaporeans, were saying that at the time of their independence in 1965 they wanted to be like Nigeria and the Philippines. Can you imagine? Now, it is we that go there every time to spend money, and holidays and we want to be like them”.
What are the lessons he has learnt from the Singaporean example?
“I have seen and come to the conclusion that our problem has always been leadership. The problem is not with the Nigerian people, not at all. It worries me that Nigeria is this divided. I feel sad.
On why he threw his hat in the ring, he explained that.
I tell people I want to be President for 3 reasons. One, to unite this country. From day one, we can do that. You don’t need any budget to unite Nigerians. You don’t need money. All you need to do is to be sincere about it. You should be fair to all.
The President should see the nation as his constituency and all those in it as his children. He is the father of all. If you are sincere about it, it is very easy to achieve. Nigeria is terribly divided today. There is no country that is this divided that can make any meaningful progress. You can now.
Two, I want to provide security for Nigerians. Simple. Of course we know that the most elementary job of any President is to provide security for the people, and safety. This country has never been like this before. The security situation in Nigeria is sad.
Now, we are afraid to go to the Church. We are afraid to go to the Mosque. We are afraid to go to the markets, or malls. And we are afraid to send our children to school, even in the nation’s capital.

No comments :

Post a Comment