Monday 6 October 2014

Doctors discover man's chest and back pains are due to acupuncture needle lodged in his gut for 40 YEARS

                         

Xu Long, 60, from China's Jiangxi Province, had gone to his doctor complaining of chest and back pains. The only time he'd ever had acupuncture was in 1974. But Xu now believes that one of the needles had actually broken in half (bottom right). Xu said: 'At first, I didn't feel anything, my stomach pain had gone and

all was good. But over the years I began to feel increasing discomfort in my back and in my chest. Every time I went to a doctor they said it was just old age.' Eventually the pain became so bad doctors decided to scan him (top right). Xu said: 'They told me there was a foreign body in my stomach and I just panicked thinking it was cancer. You can imagine my shock and relief when they told me it was the acupuncture needle.'

No comments :

Post a Comment