Sunday 22 April 2018

I Won't Talk About My Love Life –Rachael Bakam

Rachael Bakam is a celebrated actress and television personality. As the host of Trends and Rachel and its Hausa version called Rachel Mai Kakaaki, she’s eloquent, alluring and high-flying.

The Kaduna State-born mother of one opens up to Entertainer on her life, career and relationship with football legend, John Fashanu. Enjoy.

You have carved a niche as a television presenter and actress, could you tell us more about your career?

I started as an actress but God destined me for the television as a presenter. But without mincing words, acting was my first love. My relationship with broadcasting began after watching ‘African Pots’. A lady broadcaster encouraged me to become a television presenter.  Afterwards, I joined the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) as a reporter after my National Youth Service. I must attribute my reportorial skills to my notable mentor, Bola Oyeyemi. I will forever remain indebted to her for positioning my potentials.


What challenges actually makes you cry whenever you reminisce?

My life is a book with many chapters. I had serious health challenges while in school, but God proved himself with His healing powers. Advisably, no matter your challenges, you must speak positivity into your life because the power of life and death lies in our tongues. However, when you pray and call on God, He will answer. Therefore, let your faith be your guiding principles, there is no solution than praying and hard work.

Who was your husband?

He became history the day we untied our marital knot since God didn’t ordain the marriage. Please don’t ask about his identity because I have erased him from my heart and life. Though, he remains the biological father of my son, he’s not his heavenly father.

Now, have you found love?

Please, let’s leave this particular topic for another day. Definitely God will crown me with a glorious man.

Is the man ex-footballer, John Fashanu who is also your co-anchor on Trends and Rachel?

This amiable, humble and great intellectual is my co-presenter and he has been very supportive of my career, and I’m sanctified to have met him in my life journey. However, on your enquiry about love or life partner, let’s leave God to answer that question.

If you were asked to make a wish, what would you like to change about yourself?

Honestly, I didn’t like the shape of my legs, which really affected me psychologically (laughs). As a woman, I believe beauty is beyond facial look, which progresses to the body, mind and character. So, I felt uncomfortable because my legs constituted an immense obstacle, limiting my character interpretation as an actress. But presently, I wear short dresses and skirts without blemish on my skin.

No comments :

Post a Comment