Wednesday 20 November 2013

Michelle Obama says the one time she wore shorts on Air Force One was her biggest fashion faux pas.


Michelle Obama has revealed that there is one look that she feels she can't pull off: shorts.
The First Lady is regularly hailed for her fashion sense but said that she felt she stepped across the bounds by showing off her legs.
No go: The First Lady, seen here in 2009 with her daughter Malia, said that there was some backlash after she wore shorts on Air Force One so she doesn't really wear shorts anymore     'Sometimes as First Lady, sometimes I forget I’m the First Lady and I’m running around in shorts,' she said, referring to an August 2009 trip to the Grand Canyon.
'I know the first time we went on a family vacation, I had shorts on getting off of Air Force One and that created a huge stink because people were like, she’s wearing shorts getting off of Air Force One. And I thought, "what, we’re on vacation!"'Since that backlash, she has shied away from wearing shorts, opting for longer capris or skirts and dresses in hotter climates.She also cools off by opting for sleeveless shirts that show her toned arms- including in her official White House portrait.
Other than the slight slip up in 2009, Mrs Obama wasn't able to think of any other fashion missteps.
'I kind of always am happy with what I’m wearing,' she said.Mrs Obama said that in addition to every fashion choice being scrutinized another downside of living in the White House is the lack of anonymity.
'Being able to walk out your front door on your own without agents, people following you around,' she said.
'I just long to walk out that front door, go to CVS and buy some toothpaste, and nobody would notice me.'
She said that it was easier for her to go on dog walks or unannounced trips to Target in the beginning of her husband's presidency, and she used a baseball cap to help her go incognito, but she recalled how one time she thought her disguise was not enough.
'The first time I did that I was in an aisle, one woman walked up to me and she tapped me on the shoulder, and I thought, "Okay, she's seen me." And she said, "Can you reach up there and hand me that detergent?"' Mrs Obama said
Partners in stride: Mrs Obama, seen with her husband on Wednesday as they head to the Medal of Freedom ceremony, said that the President sings on a regular basis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         posted by Emanto Ngaloru Nov 20, 2013.

No comments :

Post a Comment